Saturday, September 12, 2009

My tire is flat.

My rear tire is flat. It was not a pleasant surprise to come home to.

I went out and attempted the whole 'social' thing with Sunny, Skylar, and David tonight. We went to an Institute party, and then when a few unsavory characters showed up we left to a house party with a hawaiian theme. Most of the people there were either in their late twenties or thirties or even fifties (aside from the two fifteen-year olds taking the cover charge outside), but it was fun nonetheless. I attempted to dance, which was probably very entertaining to the people around me, and ate some pork-on-a-stick. Overall, a very pleasant experience. Skylar and Sunny always told me how big the youth scene is here in Arizona, but man! I've never seen so people around my age in one place. You're witnessing a little country girl's first taste of 'the big city'.

To change the subject completely, someone asked me a question at work today that actually offended me slightly. I was having a pleasant conversation with a customer at work today as I was taking his order, he looked at my nametag and said, "Ariel, huh? Thats pretty. Is that your real name?" I wasn't sure how to respond to that. Do many people take on an assumed name at work? Is 'Ariel' a cheesy/phony-sounding name like 'Bambi' or 'Trixie'? I answered him with a stiff "yes". I think his name was Phil, or something generic like that. Maybe I should have asked him, "Were your parents really that unenthusiastic about having you that they'd give you a name like Phil?" Maybe I'm just cranky.

I like Arizona. You'd have to take a tour of my hometown of Sunnyside, Washington (which would probably take a whopping five minutes) to see just how much of an upgrade living here is. Back home, Wal Mart is the community center/place for all your shopping. We have one bowling alley with worn-out carpet, and one movie theater that serves the whole valley. Since Luke refuses to go bowling with me anymore, we would always end up watching movies at my house. Not that I'm complaining, Luke is a wonderful cuddle-buddy. But here in Arizona there is SO much to do that its ridiculous. And I've only seen the tip of the iceberg. I don't even mind the heat. :)

I think I'm going to dye my hair dark brown tomorrow, I'm pretty excited. I've kept my natural hair color for almost a year, its getting rather old and I'm ready for a change. Well, I'm off to bed. Kisses.

1 comment:

  1. Ariel, you are such a good writer! I envy those that can put their thoughts down on paper so well as you have. Siblings are great, aren't they? They just get better as you all grow up into adulthood together, don't they? Keep writing! And, I'm happy that you like Arizona.

    ReplyDelete