Thursday, September 10, 2009

Too wired for sleeping!

Blahhhh...

Yes, blah.

Its about 11:45 p.m., and I'm sitting at my Uncle John's computer because I have no hope of falling asleep. I made the grave mistake of agreeing to work out with my brother Skylar, a mistake not only because I will undoubtedly be unable to lift my arms in the morning, but because I also drank 'angry juice'. What on earth is angry juice you ask? Its the delightful and witty name Skylar uses for some sort of pre-workout drink that makes you unable to sit still or concentrate on any one thing for more than 3 seconds, and also gets you pumped for a vigorous workout which I will be regretting first thing tomorrow. As I am still hyped up from that deceptively delicious blue drink, I will rant on my newly created blog about anything that pops into my little brain.

I went to an Institute class for the first time ever this evening. I was pleasantly surprised by how interesting the class was, the teacher seemed very sincere and the material we covered was all new to me. I went with my older sister Sunny, my older brother Skylar, and their friend Nate. Lately I've been in a very anti-social mood and have generally been avoiding all contact with other humans, but I actually had a good time out amongst the public. I pity people who grew up as the only child in their home, siblings are awesome. Or mine are in any case. Without them I'd probably have holed myself up in my room for the next several decades.

It always strikes me as odd when people complain about their brothers and sisters getting on their nerves all the time, or how they're constantly fighting with them. Its true that growing up we all didn't get along; I remember numerous occasions when what would begin as me 'borrowing' Sunny's clothes without her permission would escalate into an epic battle ending with slaps and slamming doors. These days though, tempers have cooled and Sunny has resigned herself to the fact that I am and always will be a thief... I love my brothers and sisters. Everyone should be as lucky as I am in fact.

I feel the need to boast about a recent achievement of mine. I did not land a new and exciting job, I did not obtain any kind of degree, and I have not completed a best-selling novel. But I have, just now, attained a state of being that is very enviable to nerds across the nation. I just became level 147 on Mafia Wars.

To all you unenlighted folks (a.k.a. people with lives), Mafia Wars is an online game for Facebook users. Its actually pretty stupid, you just do silly mafia-type 'jobs' which cost energy but give you money. You can save up your money and buy 'properties' which gives you even MORE money. Oh, and you can attack other mafias, which is pretty B.A. You just click the 'Attack' button next to their name and hope that you have more attack and defense points than they do. If you are thinking to yourself, "I really had no idea that Ariel was such an utter and complete dork!", think again. Its worse than you think. But, in my defense, I only work part-time and am in an anti-social state of mind, and therefore have way too much time on my hands that can't be filled with enough books.

Since I am on the subject of my part-time job, and because I still can't get sleepy, I might say that I am currently looking for a new job. Something full-time would be ideal. Also, I'm sick of making coffee-type beverages for grouchy and ungrateful customers, so... something aside from that would be lovely. I'm hoping to get into school soon, and money would sure come in handy for such a venture. I have decided to live like a saint from now on, and am hoping to be blessed for my actions with a job offer where I can do something that is interesting and pays more than the pathetic amount I am currently earning.

It is now 12:44 a.m. I will be waking up (assuming of course that I will be asleep at some point) at seven to get ready to save the world, one mocha at a time. I really should be grateful to even have a job, it seems like lots of people today are not so lucky. I will keep that in mind tomorrow... I mean, today, as I am at work. Somehow, I doubt that will make a difference to my sleep-deprived brain. In any case, I should probably stop writing/ranting and actually lie down. So, goodbye and goodnight, and God bless America.

Ariel

1 comment: