Sunday, September 13, 2009

Gingers! Ugh.

Tonight I am feeling particularly cynical.

I was sitting here on this very comfortable chair trying to decide what to write about, and everything that came to my mind either very pessimistic or just downright stupid. I took about fifteen seconds for a bit of soul-searching to discover just what has brought on this exceptionally poopy mood of mine, and I discovered that there were actually several underlying causes. Now, I know you're licking your lips right now, waiting to hear a few rather juicy stories and gain some deeper insight into my persona, BUT... for the sake of sparing you what would invariably devolve into a sort of cheesy psychoanalysis I will resist, suffice to say I am not happy as a clam.

I'm going to attempt to direct some of my anger towards writing on a subject that was on my mind earlier today. I went to church with my brother and sister today, a single's ward generally full of very attractive critters (which seems to be the norm in AZ) about my age or a little older. I was trying to keep my mind focused on the speaker, but I had the misfortune of sitting behind a girl whom I immediately found annoying. She was apparently a very a social girl, chatting away with her friends and breaking out into a childish giggle every few minutes that grated on my nerves. Oh, and she had red hair. People with red hair make me nervous, I don't know how to handle them. So, I try to stay away from gingers.

Anyway, the girl with the big teeth in front of me was distracting. But it got me thinking. It seems like I always get annoyed by those bubbly, perpetually happy, 'OMG' kind of girls. You know the type. The kind of girl that drives a car her daddy bought her, who instinctively knows when Aeropostale is having a sale, who has a million girlfriends but talks about them all behind their backs... ect. I've spent my whole life trying not to be that girl. To be quite honest, I find most girls to be shallow, superficial, dull, and quite content to spend their teenage lives chasing boys and getting their hair highlighted. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've always thought that there was more to life than that.

In the interest of clarity we will lump all these girls into one category (a feat easily accomplished), and call them 'Jessica'. To see this 'Jessica', one need not look any further than the local college. Here, 'Jessica's' from all over amass in large numbers under the pretense of furthering their education, when in actuality all they really want to do is stay out really late with boys and borrow other 'Jessicas'' skimpy outfits. In my opinion, there is no one more deplorable than the average partying college girls that have become so plentiful in our society. In addition to being moral vacuums, they are complete slaves to the 'popular' thoughts of the day and don't have a single original thought in their heads.

Maybe I'm being a little too judgemental of girls today. After all, there is a lot to be said about guys as well. But, being a girl myself I'm tired of all the Jessica's in the world that give us a bad name. There is my rant for the day, next time I write I'll be a little more upbeat and positive. :)

3 comments:

  1. I too try to avoid the "Jessica" type. I love your blog and your writing is amazing! Hope you dont mind me peaking in on you from time to time. My blog is private.. email me if you want an invite.. kendylhawkins@yahoo.com

    And I agree, you have some amazing siblings :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! You seriously need to write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, Ariel. There are plenty of guys out there that wouldn't give any thought for these Jessicas, myself included.

    ReplyDelete